By Maureen Welch, Volunteer Activist and parent of a child with an Intellectual Disability, client of Community Centered Board (CCB).
The Denver Post Editorial Board on Sunday December 9, 2018:
"A long over-due audit of the systems released last week is disheartening."
"The answer is more oversight from the Colorado Department of Health Care and Financing, and more oversight from the public."
The 4 Emergency Remedies needed immediately :
1. Expedite implementation of Choice of Case Management Agencies by opening contracts from other Case Management Agencies. (Currently only CCBs can offer IDD case management).
2. Terminate all 20 CCB contracts, re-assign the intake/determination/eligibility process to another entity, to be completely separate from case management.
3. Create and appoint a Special Liaison to the Governor for Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, to serve as a Cabinet Member and safe point of contact for the community.
4. Re-establish the Division of Intellectually and Developmentally Disabled (DIDD) at the Colorado Department of Healthcare Policy and Financing (HCPF) to increase oversight of these programs.
What can you do?
1. Report the CCBs to Feds for investigation
Call Federal Office of Inspector General at 800 447-8477 .
A report can be made anonymously or you can share information for follow up.
Press choices for medicaid fraud and then choose to talk to a representative.
2. Email Governor Polis to express need for attention to this issue https://boldlyforward.co/share-your-thoughts
3. Contact your State Representative and State Senator to share your opinion. Find your legislator.