An Amazing Opportunity
Are you or anyone you know who lives in Douglas County interested in serving on this county committee? It reviews grant applications and recommendations for grants, for 5% of the multimillion dollar property tax "mill levy". DEADLINE TO APPLY IS END OF DAY TOMORROW MONDAY 9/25. Reply to this email if you want details. Look at the pictures embedded in email to see who has received this money in the past
With conflict free case management around the corner, choice of Case Management agencies (and CCBs wont be only show in town) coming as soon as Spring 2018, the amounts awarded through a grant RATHER than 95% going to Developmental Pathways is a possibility. Make a difference and appy to serve!
1. Denver Post Article link http://www.denverpost.com/2017/09/19/developmental-disabilities-mill-levy-tax-douglas-arapahoe/
2, More information at this link. You MUST apply by end of day Monday Sept 25. http://www.douglas.co.us/community/partners-and-providers/developmental-disabilities/developmental-disabilities-mill-levy-grant-awards/developmental-disabilities-mill-levy-advisory-council/
Douglas County has three open positions on the Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy (DDML) Advisory Council. If you live in Douglas County and have a heart for helping people with developmental disabilities obtain the services they need, you are invited to complete an application to serve on the Council. The ideal candidate will be able to attend a new member orientation and a session to review grant requests. The DDML Advisory Council makes recommendations of grant awards to the Board of County Commissioners. An optional open house has been scheduled to ask questions of the current Council members. The 2017 DDML Advisory Council schedule is outlined below. All meetings will be held at the Philip S. Miller Building, 100 Third Street, Castle Rock.
- September 21, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- September 25, 5 p.m.
Advisory Council applications due
- October 2, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Advisory Council Member Orientation
- October 19, 830 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Evaluation and scoring of applications
- November 14, 1:30 p.m.
Recommendations to Board of County Commissioners
Advisory Council Guidelines:
- The Council will be made up of seven Douglas County residents.
- The Council is advisory in nature and the primary function is to make funding recommendations to the Douglas County Board of County Commissioners regarding competitive grants for DDML funds. They may also offer suggestions regarding the application review and evaluation process and grantee reporting measures. Douglas County employees provide guidance and oversight to the Council.
- Members serve two three-year terms.
- To provide broad community representation it’s preferred that residents serve on only one county board or commission at a time.
- Members selected will be available to attend the Advisory Council Orientation on October 2, 2017, 10:00am-12:00pm, and the Application Evaluation meeting on October 19, 2017, 8:30am-2:00pm, with a potential follow up meeting to be agreed upon by the Council Members. All meetings will be held at the Philip S. Miller Building, 100 Third Street, Castle Rock.
- Information submitted on the application form is considered public information.
- A signed Douglas County waiver must be provided by members selected for service on the Council no later than the Orientation on October 2, 2017.